1. How does Greg feel about writing a diary?
2. What are the reasons Greg agreed on writing his diary?
3. What is Greg's opinion on the seating in class?
4. Why sitting next to girls does not seem a very nice option to Greg?
1. Greg feels uncomfortable. He does not like when other people think that this is a diary. He says that it is - journal. Because he does not want the other kids thought wrong. So Greg hates write it.
3. Children walk into the classroom and just plunk their stuff down on any old desk. Greg says, that they need to be very careful of where they sit. Because it's their permanent seats.
1. Tell in your own words what happened to Greg on the first day of his summer vacation.
1. On the first day of summer vacation, Greg brother Rodrick woke Greg up in the middle of the night dressed in his school clothes. Rodrick told him, that he slept through the whole summer but that luckily Greg had woken in time for the first day of school. Rodrick also had set Greg's clock ahead and pulled the blinds shut. Greg got up and got dressed and went downstairs to fix himself some breakfast. Then came his Dad and saw Greg eating Cheerios at 3 a.m. He had no idea what Greg is doing. Then Greg told that Rodrick tricked him and they went to Rodrick's room. But he was sleeping.
1. Do you think it would be nice to have Greg in your class? Why? (Consider his behaviour with P.U.)
2. How does Greg feel about his younger brother?
1. I don't really want to have him in my class. His jokes are funny but not nice. Because he mock from his classmates.
2. Greg doesn't like that Manny destroys everything what he finds. Greg expected, that if he will have younger brother, he could pick on him. Like Rodrick on Greg. But he was wrong. Because parents protect Manny. Greg can't pick on him, even if he does something to tick Greg off. Also he's never gotten punished for anything. But I think Greg still loves Manny.
1. What's up with the Cheese Touch?
2. Why did Greg tape his fingers?
1. One kid tripped and fell and brushed cheese with his finger and started this whole thing called the Cheese Touch. It's basically like Cooties, where if you get touched wth the Cheese Touch then you have it until you pass it on to somebody else. That thing has been sitting on the court since at least last fall and it has caused a whole lot of trouble. It's all moldy and nasty, and ever since it showed up, people have been trying to avoid it.
2. The only way to protect yourself from Cheese Touch was to cross your fingers. But it was really hard to remember to keep your fingers crossed all the time, especially when whoever had the Cheese Touch was looking for his next victim. So Greg taped his fingers together for the last couple weeks of school.
1. Does Greg enjoy Saturdays?
2. Why wasn't his best friend mentioned till this day?
1. Greg likes wake up late. It's time for Greg to crawl out of bed is when he can't stand the taste of his breath anymore. Unfortunately Dad wakes up at 6:00 in the morning no matter what day it is and he is not real considerate of the fact that he's trying to enjoy his Saturday. He hates when there's nothing on t.v. after 1:00 p.m. except golf and bowling. Also sun comes right through the sliding glass window so he can hardly see what's on the t.v. And he gets all sweaty and stick to the couch. It's practically like a conspiracy against kids to make them go outside and do something besides watch t.v.
2. There's a pretty good reason for that. His best friend Rowley always says not „Want to hang out?“, but „Want to come over to my house and play?“. This summer they were caught playing vikings and Indians in the woods by a couple of eighth-graders. They called Greg and Rowley “nerds”.
1. What worries Greg? Why?
1. Greg's Dad seemed real interested about Bishop Garrigan High School. It's bad because Dad can send Greg there. Greg doesn't like that school because it's all boys. Greg thinks that he wouldn't survive the first day at Bishop Garrigan.
1. Does Greg enjoy his mornings before school? Why?
2. How did Greg try to get into his preferred reading group?
1. No, he doesn't. Because he has to fix Manny his cereal every morning. Manny takes his bowl and sits right in front of the t.v. on his plastic potty. But the worst part is that after he's done he dumps whatever he didn't eat right into the potty. And it's always Greg who has to clean it up. Then Greg wouldn't has any appetite so he not finishes his breakfast and his Mom always gets on him.
2. At the end of last year he did his best to muff up his screening test. Another thing he did is that he didn't try to hard on his end-of-the-year essay. They make child do four page paper at the end of the year which is another way they figure out how to place a child.
1. What are your feelings and impressions about this book?
1. I liked this book. It has interesting text and funny pictures.